I recently read a book called Drummer Boy of Shiloh by Ray Bradbury. The book is about Joby a 14 year old drummer boy in the Civil War specifically the battle of Shiloh. In the beginning he is frightened and afraid because he has no protection but "raw youth". Soon after the generals encouraging words Joby learned his importance in the army and how he was "the soul of the army". Sometimes you need a little push to realize your potential.
Joby at first might not seem to be a very relatable character but, once you kind of read between the lines you realize how is just like any other kid. He has fears just like other kids and he also needs encourgament just like other kids. If the general did not give Joby those words of edvice he probably would not have done his best and would have let the army down.
Like Joby everybody needs a cheerleader someone that helps you and is supporting you. It might not have been obvious but most cheerleaders aren't the general was Jobys cheerleader. Since Joby was a runaway he never had family support so it must have felt nice to have someone there when you needed. My cheerleader in my life is my family and friends. They tell me truth, encourage me to do my best, most of all show me my true potential. When I am scared or doubting myself my friends and family are there to motivate me.
Now that I am in 8th grade I am going to need a lot of motivating and help because monologues and SHSAT stuff. Me and Joby might not need to motivated for the same reason but I know what it is like to be scared and having someone be there to encourage you.
In conclusion, who is your cheerleader?

No comments:
Post a Comment